In partnership with the Delta Area Chamber of Commerce, DCED is pleased to announce that Delta was selected by the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade to be awarded the 2017 Bluepoint 2.0 Co-working Initiative. Through this technical assistance award, OEDIT and Proximity Space will help us determine if and how coworking could work in Delta. They will host a first of its kind forum where community leaders and potential owners can interact with current coworking spaces and discuss benefits, costs, challenges, and lessons learned from operating a Coworking space, and how communities can apply these best practices.
WHAT OUR COMMUNITY CAN EXPECT:
- Analysis of local characteristics by OEDIT staff members.
- Assisted creation of a local, online community for independent professionals.
- Facilitation of a teleconference with recently opened coworking spaces.
- A workshop where Proximity Space provides perspective and actionable guidance on identifying your audience, creating an online foundation for a connected community, identifying viable physical locations, opening and operating a coworking space in rural and urban communities.
- A final strategy document our community will build and utilize for the advancement of our goals.