A Delta County team representing business and government leaders, was selected to attend the Community Builders Leadership Institute in Durango, CO from November 2 - 4, 2016. The Community Builders Leadership Institute (CBLI) is a training for leaders who recognize that the economic landscape has changed, but remain committed to building stronger, more successful communities in spite of current challenges.
Over two and a half days, the CBLI engages community teams of six to eight participants in an intensive workshop that builds leadership and practical understanding of ways to align community planning and economic development in today’s economy.
Working with dynamic trainers and facilitators, teams will gain practical knowledge on the nuts and bolts of building stronger communities. Participants will leave the CBLI with a better understanding of ways to align community planning and economic development, lessons learned from successful projects, and a clear plan of action for next steps in their community.
This training will help participating community leaders understand:
- The role of sound community planning and design in reaching economic development goals.
- Trends and issues that are impacting economies in western communities.
- Specific action steps that communities can take for long-term success.
- Community cost savings that can be realized by improving land-use planning, transportation and building practices.
- Effective public and private partnerships to leverage community goals.